Saturday, August 2, 2008

TIA... This Is Africa!

That is what Michelle, our wonderful coordinator, keeps reminding us. Like when Jan, Char, and Shelley's lost luggage still did not arrive... TIA. When our electricity kept going off all evening... TIA. When the main internet provider for this area completely went out... TIA. We are beginning to get used to it. Things don't happen here like they do in America. But I think it is making us stronger, wiser, and more resourceful people. We have only been here at the clinic for a day, but our team is growing so close and we are already hard at work on the clinic. After we arrived yesterday we got a great tour of the clinic and I could see everyone already thinking about what to get started on first and how we were going to make do with what we had. It's fascinating to watch all these creative, hard working people do what they came here to do.

We had a beautiful sunset last night. We all slept well, although sleeping under a net is a new experience for most of us. It was nice listening to the sounds outside. It's still a little surreal to think that we are here.

Today is a work day. The small container was completely unloaded by 11am and everything was brought inside the clinic. Inside the clinic, everyone is unpacking and priming. I think the team is a little stressed, so pray that we are able to be calm, even though there is so much to do.

Please continue praying for the larger container to arrive. It was supposed to have left yesterday (i'm not sure where it was leaving from) and should arrive by next week.

I am not sure when I will have internet next. They had to bring me to the 'Children of the Nations" office, which is a few miles from ABC, just to get this slow connection that I have right now. Oh well... TIA.

We are all doing well. Everyone is healthy and working hard. Thank you all for your continual prayers. We feel them constantly.

Zikomo!
(Thank you)

Lindsay-
for the Malawi Team

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I'm glad you're at the destination. Don't forget to get lots of sleep.

Sincerely
Olivia

P.S. We miss you mama. Give hugs to everybody for us.

Anonymous said...

YEAH for me too!! I am so happy that you all have arrived safe! Have a wonderful time.

It is so good that you all are loving on Malawi!

I love you Lindsay and I miss you!


Dusty

Anonymous said...

Praise God that you have all made it safely there. How exciting for all of you. I can only think of one verse "For I know the plans I have for you, plans for hope and a future...." You are part of a plan that offers hope and a future to the children of Africa. Keep the faith even when things don't go "right". You are in the palm of his hand. Amen.

aleshaJdawson said...

miss you love you. glad you are there. glad that you have some internet to post blogs. keep each other encouraged :) prayers and love to you and africa.

Amy Gunther said...

So glad you all made it there safely! I'm praying that God teaches you all so much on this trip, be ready for the unexpected :) I know the journey will be amazing!